Monday, February 28, 2011

Melancholy StatE


I feel this melancholy state come over me
Covering my mind to soul like a security blanket
My smiles vanquish beneath the blue of my eyes
Which I close off along with my vivacious spirit

I used to turn to my pen in times of need
Cause all I needed was paper and ink
Now I seem too busy caught in this routine
The days seem to disappear each time I blink

The weeks are an addiction to times pleasure
Shoot up the hours push through its veins
Until months speed by at a quicker pace
Your body grows weary and sick with its pains

You question where have you gone?
Where does your happiness lay?
When the clock is stapled to your wrist
Nagging in your ear the minutes left in your day.

All of your color has faded
Black as the midnight sky
Like those days in Alaska
When the sun says goodnight

No color just shades of gray
No smiles or laughter
Just quiet contemplations
And the emptiness after,

Those things that made me complete
Have drifted from this shore
A mere reflection off in the distance
Soon I won’t see them anymore

I question the things that I have done
And why momentum has carried us to this
Many lonely nights on the couch
Cuddling fear so tightly my faith I sure do miss

I miss you more than anything
It’s not the same when I can’t feel you next to me
It hurts my heart knowing that you don’t feel
When I don’t know of what you say is what you mean


In the middle of the night I hear you say
You know how much I love you, right
In those times I feel what you say is true
But when day breaks my certainty fights

It’s the capsules you take daily that keep you alive
Those are the things that create balance in your mind

I understand that whole-heartedly, but sometimes I want you to let go
I want you to have the freedom to stretch your arms and let creativity flow

I want you to be able to tell me with conviction what you feel
Then I will know everything you say is what is real

To have a moment of emersion, of consensual melting
To fall into one another with what love brings

Then I swallow realities pill consciously
Let it absorb into my blood system quite quickly
And are snapped back to the truth of circumstance
That things are the way they are no matter my plea

I’d rather have pieces of you, then nothing at all
A great puzzle you are the years we have been
Hopefully one day I will still have the energy
To find all the parts of you once again

And one day this routine will be broken
And time we will have like all those nights before
And the glorious consumption will be of us two
When we are together for granted I will take no more…

No comments:

Post a Comment